Tuesday, June 23, 2009

True Confessions of a Marketing Manager

As the Marketing Manager, I am charged with the task of coming up with creative, innovative and unique ideas that will make you, the consumer, want to buy our products. Is it working?

This recession is making it difficult for all companies. We are all hungry for sales and vying for your attention. While things have perked up in recent weeks, industry experts tell us we will see dramatic ups and downs in the months to come. Pardon me while I wince and sigh. I don't know about you, but I am growing tired - physically and emotionally tired - of this (uh-hmm) economy. So, in my capacity as Marketing Manager of Grace Engineered Products, I have just one thing to ask: Will you just buy our products already?!

I know this direct and somewhat temper-tantrum-ish plea may cause some to think me unprofessional. To tell the truth, I am not really the "professional" type. Much of the time that is unnecessary pretense aimed at making others think we are better and more equipped than we actually are (you don’t know anyone like that, do you?). It's a lot of PR, people. I prefer to operate in an authentic reality. I'm not into smoke and mirrors. So, my reality consists, in part, of these three things: our products are great, they are what people need, and they save you money. Seriously.

So, I implore you. Please take a serious look at our products. You can find them on our website at www.graceport.com. In the mean time, I vow to hold up my end of the bargain. I will continue to come up with funny, thought-provoking and interesting marketing campaigns that will woo you. All I ask is you do me one favor. Just buy our products already! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment